Reedsmore's managed hosting takes care of the everyday upkeep of your site, as well as coming to the rescue should anything go wrong.
Every day, we check for and apply all the latest updates to WordPress and its plugins, themes and translations so your site is always up to date and secure.
If your site goes offline for any reason, we’ll know about it immediately, and we can act fast. We'll usually have the site up and running again before you notice there's a problem.
We routinely back-up all of the sites we manage. So if something should go wrong, you can quickly return it to the state it was in without having to rebuild the site from scratch.
Our Full Feature List
And that's not all...
Our full list of features.
- Daily updates to your WordPress installation, its plugins and translations.
- 24/7 security monitoring including DDoS protection
- 30 daily backup snapshots. Files, databases & emails backed up and stored off-site on 100% SSD disks.
- No limits on traffic, users, bandwidth and site storage.
- UK servers. Your data is stored and hosted on servers located in the UK for faster loading times throughout Europe and beyond..
- Fast SSD disks throughout.
- 256-bit SSL certificate for your domain, worth £25 per year. SSL is fast becoming a standard requirement for any site which transmits user data, including simple contact forms. Most browsers now alert users when they are about to send data via unsecured forms. And SSL encryption is great for SEO: Google has verified that it gives preference to secure sites in its search results.
- Password support. Locked out? Think of us as your friendly neighbour with a spare key to let you back in.
- No long contracts. If you ever decide that you're paying us for something you don't need, just give us a minimum of 30 days notice that you'd like to leave and your next bill will be your last. We'll even help you make a clean break by packing up your site in its current state, all ready for you to transfer to your new host. No hard feelings.
Limitations: A few things that aren’t included.
We don’t currently sell domain names. There are loads of domain name providers around who all provide pretty much the same service at the pretty much same price. When you host on our servers and have the domain elsewhere, you’ll need to make a few small changes to point your domain to our servers. (We can help you with this as part of your onboarding.) And then you can pretty much forget about it.
As explained above, WordPress is enormously well supported and the answer to pretty much everything you could ever want to know is a simple Google search away. As WordPress is also an enormous ecosystem with unlimited variations, we are unable to include support or advice on how to carry out certain tasks in WordPress as part of our standard hosting package.
There are essentially two ways to manage your email: We can set it up to come via our servers, but we recommend you use a third-party service like Gsuite or Office 365. However, there are myriad email clients that you can use to read, send and manage your email, all of which have their own idiosyncrasies, benefits and drawbacks. It’s impossible for us to keep on top of all of these so, beyond giving you the details and assistance you’ll need to set up your email client, we can’t offer any support in setting up, managing or troubleshooting any third-party software.