Managed WordPress Hosting
Reedsmore’s managed hosting keeps your website safe and secure.
We manage the daily upkeep of your site, as well as coming to the rescue should anything go wrong.
Every day, we check for and apply all the latest updates to WordPress and its plugins, themes and translations, so your site is always up to date.
We routinely back-up all of the sites we manage. So if something does go wrong, we can quickly get you back up and running.
We constantly monitor all the sites we manage and we’re automatically alerted to any issues, so we can address them right away.
And That’s Not All…
Here’s everything you get for one simple price:
- Daily updates to your WordPress installation, its plugins, theme and translations. We check and update our entire network of sites every day, meaning you’re always up to date.
- 24/7 security monitoring, including protection against brute-force and denial-of-service attacks.
- Daily backups. Files, databases & emails backed up and stored off-site. So if something does go wrong, we can get you back up and running asap.
- Uptime monitoring. If your website does go offline for any reason, we are immediately alerted and so can take appropriate action to bring it back online as soon as possible.
- No limits on traffic, users, bandwidth and site storage.
- UK servers. Your data are stored and hosted on servers located in the UK for faster loading times throughout Europe and beyond.
- Fast SSD drives throughout, so your visitors aren’t left waiting for pages to load.
- 256-bit SSL certificate for your domain, worth £25 per year. SSL is fast becoming a standard requirement for any site which transmits user data, including simple contact forms. Most popular browsers now alert users when they are about to send data via unsecured forms. And SSL encryption is now essential for SEO: Google has verified that its search results give preference to secure sites.
- Account support. Forgotten your username or password? Think of us as your friendly neighbour with a spare key to help get you back in.
- No long contracts. If you ever decide that you’re paying us for something you don’t need, just give us a minimum of 30 days notice that you’d like to leave and your next bill will be your last. We’ll even help you make a clean break by packing up your site in its current state, all ready for you to transfer to your new host. No hard feelings.
A few things that aren’t included.
We don’t currently sell domain names, simply because most of our clients already have them. There are loads of domain name providers around who all provide pretty much the same service at the pretty much same price. When you host on our servers and have the domain elsewhere, you’ll need to make a few small changes to point your domain to our servers. (We can help you with this as part of your onboarding.) And then you can pretty much forget about it.
WordPress Support (“How do I….?”)
As explained above, WordPress is enormously well supported and the answer to pretty much everything you could ever want to know is a simple Google search away. As WordPress is also an enormous ecosystem with unlimited variations, we are unable to include support or advice on how to carry out certain tasks in WordPress as part of our standard hosting package.
There are essentially two ways to manage your email: We can set it up for you to come via our servers, but instead we recommend you use a third-party service like Gsuite or Office 365. However, as there are myriad email clients that you can use to read, send and manage your email. Most of these are under constant development (so are regularly changing) and all of which differ from platform to platform and have their own idiosyncrasies, benefits and drawbacks. It’s outside our remit to stay on top of all of these so, beyond giving you the details and assistance you’ll need to set up your email client, we don’t offer any support in setting up, managing or troubleshooting any third-party software.