Software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider Eagle Eye needed a series of videos to assist with onboarding new users of their Promote platform.
- Project Type: Tutorial Videos
- Client: Eagle Eye
- Platform: Client knowledge base.
- Year: 2014
Tutorial video produced by Reedsmore for Eagle Eye.
The Eagle Eye Promote platform is a specialist service used by grocery suppliers for inserting promotional offers and discounts into supermarket barcode systems. The system is both efficient and effective, but the wide variety of options available to users to tailor their promotions presented new users with a lot to learn in a short space of time and in an unfamiliar environment.
The goal of these videos was to give new users a starting point from which they would be able to easily and competently create their first promotional campaign.
First we spent some time with a member of Eagle Eye staff becoming familiar with the Promote platform and determining where the sticking points were for new users. We then drafted scripts specifically designed to guide new users through the basics of using the platform, as well as detailing use-case scenarios for particular functions.
We then recorded the visuals of the walkthroughs to follow the scripts, making minor script adjustments The scripts were then sent for voiceover recording and animated sections were created in the Eagle Eye brand style. Finally, everything was edited together and the finished videos were delivered.
Eagle Eye reported that the videos were a great success, increasing the speed and level of uptake of the platform among new users.
After completing the project, Eagle Eye said, “[Reedsmore is] a very professional organisation with vast knowledge and experience. Their attention to detail is good and we are very pleased with the end result.”
Tutorial Videos vs Webinars
Eagle Eye chose Reedsmore to produce turotial videos for them because of our experience in producing tutorial videos for StubHub, Ebay’s ticket resale arm.
Reedsmore tutorial videos have several key benefits over webinars and classroom learning. These include:
- View on demand. Users can easily access the information they need, whenever and wherever they need it. There’s no need for them to block half a day (or more) out of their schedule to take part in a dedicated group webinar or classroom session.
- Specific and searchable. A series of short videos each addressing one question helps users to find the information they are looking for quickly and easily. This improves on a recorded webinar or a long, all-encompassing tutorial, which leaves users clicking around the timeline searching for the answer to a single, simple question.
- Pause and repeat. If they lose track of the steps they are following, or there is an unavoidable interruption, users can pause and continue later from exactly where they left off. If they miss something, or are confused, they can easily skip back and review the video as many times as they want.
- Easy to follow. Tutorial videos eliminate distractions and let the users see the mouse movements and clicks that they need to make to accomplish their goal, as well as hearing an explanation of the steps to take and why.
Setting Up User Profiles
Uploading Via Spreadsheet
Advanced Campaign Features
Learn how tutorial videos from Reedsmore can help you efficiently educate your customers and team.
Fill out the form in this box and we’ll be in touch to discuss your requirements.
Your details are kept secure at all times and we promise that we won’t use them for anything else without your permission.
Alternatively, read more about the benefits of tutorial videos.